The Diversity Scholarship Foundation, NFP extends its appreciation to the expert panelists that spoke at two recent continuing legal education courses addressing important diversity and inclusion issues in the legal profession.
We thank the esteemed May 27, 2021 panelists of Accessing Justice: Practical Solutions for Accommodating Individuals with Disabilities in the Courtroom” including:
- Azeema N. Akram – Administrative Law Judge – Illinois Human Rights Commission
- Erik Jenkins – Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit Court, Orange County, Florida
- June Prusak, CDI, CLIP-R – Staff CDI and Coordinator for the Circuit Court of Cook County
- Hon. Jesse G. Reyes – Illinois Appellate Court – First District, Fourth Division
- Rachel M. Weisberg – Employment Rights Helpline Manager and Attorney, Equip for Equality
- Ann Wohlmuth – Supervisor of Deaf/Hard of Hearing Access for the Circuit Court of Cook County
The Foundation extends its sincere appreciation to Sign Language Interpreters, LJ Myers and Becky Yaworski, for their efforts in making this CLE accessible to those in the deaf and hard of hearing communities.
We also thank the North Suburban Bar Association, our Co-Sponsor, for its efforts in making the June 3, 2021 CLE Recognizing & Addressing Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession possible. We appreciate the participation of the esteemed panelists:
- Debjani D. Desai – General Counsel, Illinois Office of Comptroller
- Sharon Hwang – Shareholder, McAndrews, Held & Malloy
- Erica Kirkwood – Vice President and General Counsel, GMA Construction Group
- Hon. Jesse G. Reyes – Illinois Appellate Court, First District, Fourth Division
- Adam Zebelian – Associate, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck
The Foundation also extends its sincere appreciation to the Honorable Megan E. Goldish (President of the NSBA and Circuit Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County) and Robert Blinick (First Vice President and Education Chairperson of the NSBA) as well as Tricia Fusilero and Shelbi Hoffman (NSBA Association Managers) for their hard work making this CLE a reality.
These programs could not have been possible without the efforts of Abigail Sue (Secretary of the DSF), the Honorable Barbara N. Flores (CLE Committee Co-Chair), Carol Sales (Treasurer of the DSF), and Sandi Tanoue (CLE Committee). We thank them for their ongoing efforts throughout the year.